Action History Information Protection Policy
What is action history information?
As used herein, the term “action history information” is information about the history of user actions including the browsing of websites or the use of applications related to the various services ValueCommerce Co., Ltd. operates (the “Company’s sites” hereafter) and information about the attributes of individuals (“action history information, etc.” hereafter) that does not make it possible to identify any specific individual.
Note that action history information is not information that in itself enables the identification of a specific individual; however, ValueCommerce Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the “Company”) will handle information that can be readily collated with other pieces of information and by doing so it is possible to identify a specific individual as personal information.
【Action history information, etc.】
- (1) Website browsing history and history of user actions on the Company’s sites or applications
- (2) Advertisement display/click history
- (3) Product purchase history
- (4) Information and the like concerning fields of individual interests classified by unique criteria
- (5) Information about personal attributes or devices used
Purposes for acquiring action history information, etc.
The Company will acquire, store, and use action history information, etc. for the following purposes. In accordance with the regulations of the Company, the acquired information will not be used for any purpose other than the following.
【Purposes of use】
- (1) Analysis of user attributes, actions, and the like
- (2) Display of content and the like in accordance with user attributes and actions
- (3) Measurement of effects of the Company’s services and their functions
- (4) Development of the Company’s services and their functions
- (5) Provision of results of the analysis to third parties and the like
- (6) Optimization of advertisement delivery for promotional uses
Provision of action history information, etc. to third parties
The Company is entitled to provide action history information to any third party. The Company will request these third parties enter into an agreement including a non-disclosure clause with the Company or agree to regulations or other matters stipulated by the Company, and will perform the necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the third party manages the personal information to ensure its security.
Sending User Information Outside the Company① About the analysis services using action history information, etc.
The Company uses the analysis services stated below. For the data collected by each service, please refer to the following page:
(1) Google Analytics
Sent to: Google
Handling of collected data:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9019185
Sent to: Microsoft
Handling of collected data:https://privacy.microsoft.com/ja-jp/privacystatement
② Evaluation of distributed advertising using action history information, etc.
The Company shares action history information, etc. with the ad verification vendors stated below in the ValueCommerce affiliate program that the Company operates.
・Spider Labs, Inc.
③ Action history information, etc. on the Company’s website
(1) The Company shares the action history information, etc. on its website with SATORI Inc., which provides support to marketing.
Of the customer’s action history information, etc. obtained on the Company’s website, the accumulation of action history information, etc. obtained via SATORI, a service of SATORI Inc., can be disabled (opted out of) on the opt-out page below.
Opt-out page of SATORI:https://satori.marketing/optout/
Purpose of use of information on SATORI: providing a service that makes possible the measurement of advertising effectiveness and improvement of advertising, etc.
Detailed purpose of use:https://satori.marketing/privacy-policy/
(2) If you do not want content to be displayed based on the action history information, etc. collected and accumulated by the Company, execute the procedure set out in the website below. If the procedure to stop the display of content based on action history information, etc. is invalidated due to the deletion of cookies or changes to PC settings or browser settings, etc., content reflecting action history information, etc. may be displayed again.
④ Use of action history information, etc. in the Company’s media business
The Company uses action history information, etc. in its media business, COLEMOA, for the ValueCommerce affiliate program.
Suspension of advertisement delivery
The Company conducts targeted advertising that displays advertising based on website browsing information and other data using the services provided by the following affiliates. If you wish to stop such advertising, suspend (opt out of) the targeted advertising for each of the affiliates’ services.Affiliates
- Yahoo! JAPAN
- LINE Advertising
- Facebook Japan K.K. (FacebookUPPA)
- Facebook Japan K.K. (Instagram)
- Twitter Advertising
The Company delivers advertising using the services provided by the above affiliates based on customers’ email addresses that are encrypted and user identification information verified by each affiliate. Email addresses subject to verification are encrypted and are not provided to the affiliates and other third parties. If you wish to stop the services, suspend (opt out of) each of the affiliates’ services.