Action History Information Protection Policy
What is “action history information”?
As used herein, the term “action history information” refers to information about the history of user actions for browsing sites or applications related to various services the Company operates and information about attributes of individuals (hereinafter referred to as “action history information, etc.”) that does not lead to the identification of any specific individual.
Note that action history information is not information that in itself enables identification of a specific individual; however, the Company will handle information that can be readily collated with other pieces of information and by which a specific individual can be identified as personal information.
【Action history information, etc.】
- ①Page browsing history and history of user actions in the Company’s sites or applications
- ②Advertisement display/clicking history
- ③Product purchase history
- ④Information and the like concerning fields of individual interests classified by unique criteria
- ⑤Information about personal attributes or terminals used
Purposes of acquiring action history information, etc.
The Company will acquire, store, and use action history information, etc. for the following purposes. In accordance with the regulations of the Company, the acquired information will not be used for any purpose other than the following.
【Purposes of use】
- ①Analysis of user attributes, actions, and the like
- ②Display of content and the like in accordance with user attributes and actions
- ③Measurement of effects exhibited by the Company’s services and their functions
- ④Development of the Company’s services and their functions
- ⑤Provision of results of the analysis to third parties and the like
Provision of the action history information, etc. to third party companies
The Company is entitled to provide the action history information to any third party. The Company will request such third party to conclude an agreement including a non-disclosure clause with the Company or agree to regulations or other matters the Company stipulates, and will perform necessary and appropriate supervision so that the third party performs management for securing safety of personal information.
Suspension of display of content displayed on the basis of action history information, etc.
If the user does not want the content displayed on the basis of the action history information, etc. the Company collects and stores to be displayed on the user’s web browser, please perform the procedures described on the page with the URL below.
Note that if the procedures for suspending the display of such content are invalidated, for instance because of the deletion of cookies or changes in the setting for the user’s PC, browser or other equipment, the display of content using the action history information, etc. may start again.